26 Thoughts on my 26th Birthday
So, it’s not my birthday today… it was on Tuesday! This post was meant for that day, but some website issues beyond our control meant it has to wait until today! Enjoy the randomness that my brain goes through on a random day.
- I’m incredibly grateful and blessed for a wife that offers me unconditional love and support in anything I do.
- Owning our own business is the most awesome/terrifying thing I’ve ever done.
- People tend to go where they see the most value. If you don’t want people to leave, you have to be the most valuable place around.
- I think the phrase “If you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life” is garbage. It should be, “If you love what you do, you’ll work as hard as you can every day of your life.”
- Exercise shouldn’t be used as punishment. Just because someone is late to class doesn’t mean they deserve 20 burpees.
- You can’t depend on anyone to make changes for you. You have to do it yourself.
- Every form of fitness has its place as long as it isn’t hurting anyone
- If you told me I could only live on one of the basic food group for the rest of my life, it would be tacos.
- the level of professionalism in the CrossFit industry has to be raised if we want to be seen as valuable. Have a better member experience.
- Expanding on the above, for the love of Glassman, start your classes on time and end them on time. THIS IS NOT DIFFICULT.
- Your rower damper does not need to be at 10… ever.
- Pineapple is delicious on pizza
- Empathy is extremely important in the fitness world, but so is tough love
- I wonder how many people didn’t know I was 26?
- I don’t know if I’ll ever want to start another gym. I’d rather this one be at capacity than have 2 less than optimal businesses.
- Discipline > motivation
- You don’t “lift with your legs.” You lift with your legs, back, and midline in concert to produce a safe and effective way to move weight. Please stop telling people to lift with their legs.
- A correct push up is way harder than most people give it credit
- There is no competition in the fitness industry. It should never be “X gym vs X gym.” It should be every gym against chronic disease and laziness.
- If you still think CrossFit is dangerous, ineffective, or a fad, you are sadly mistaken.
- You’ve got an idea for a business? Do it. Go for it. You’ve got plenty of time to come back to your job if things don’t work out. The knowledge you’ll gain is worth it alone.
- You do NOT have to be in shape to start CrossFit. You just have to start.
- Relentless positivity will do you a lot of good.
- Helping other people is one of the best ways to be successful
- There are plenty of diets that work for people… the main reason they work is by putting the person in a caloric deficit. Don’t demonize food or food groups.
- Movement is king. Never sacrifice correct movement for any reason.
Thanks for reading! More blogs coming along today and tomorrow!
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything I can help you with!